Vacancy Number: SO-05-205
Location: Takhar Province
Organization / Company Name: Shuhada Organization (SO)
Job Category: Administration
Employment Type: Full time
Salary: As per organization salary scale
Position Title: Provincial Coordinator
Contract Duration: Open-Ended
No.of Jobs: 1
Experience: 2 Years
Start Date: 10.20.2015
Expiration Date: 10.25.2015
Education: University Degree (Law Faculty)
Shuhada Organization (SO) is an Afghan-led NGO which established to work toward welfare and progress of Afghan citizens with a primary focus on empowerment of women and children. SO was founded in 1989 to address the total absence of reproductive health care for Afghan women and children and later on constantly, its activities have expanded in the areas of human rights, women rights and empowerment, gender inclusion and democracy. Dr. Sima Samar the chairperson of AIHRC was the primary founder of SO in 1989 and later on other activist and practitioners interested to join and created a strong team for achieving their common overall objective.
– Vision: The SO vision is to strive to see an aware, prosperous and healthy society in Afghanistan through providing high quality services in line with the principles of democracy, rule of law, social justice, peace and non-discrimination.
– Mission: Provision of good quality services in the health, education, human rights, women rights and empowerment and democracy sectors. To this end, SO has a common slogan which says “working for a better tomorrow”.
Working for a better tomorrow is not only the slogan, it makes the philosophy of SO too. To this end, SO founders and management board created a democratic structure which board of director and management board are decision making bodies of the organization. Nevertheless, working for a better tomorrow made SO team to have a strategic commitment and partnership with the national and international organizations, line ministries and independent directorates of government.
- Coordinate with related governmental office and CSOs in the project area.
- Develop monthly project action plan
- To provide legal advice for the staff of Takhar Women Affairs and EVAW Commission Office
- Supervise on procurement and logistical affairs
- Provide and Strengthen the technical capacity of the staff of Takhar Women Affairs and EVAW commission Office to prepare an annual work plan, reports, arranging regular public awareness programs, identify and adopt appropriate preventive measures, collection of statistics, identify and adopt appropriate preventive measures with regard to gender-based violence through mentoring sessions, etc.
- Meeting with GOV staff in order to provide information about program
- Record minutes at the meetings in English
- Teaching about the use of internet to the staff of Takhar Women affairs and EVAW commission Office.
- Other related tasks that will be assigned by program manager.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in law or Sharia
• 1 -2 years of sector experience
• An Administration, Project Management, or a related field experience will be an added advantage.
• Proficiency in English (Spoken & Written).
• Organizational and time management skills
• Computer Programming skills
• Self-starter, enthusiasm and creativity, willingness to work in difficult environment
Qualified candidates may send their Application, including a letter of interest and CV to: Shuhada Organization (SO) Human Resources Department at Behind Omer Jan Qandahari Masque, Pul-e-Surkh, Kart-e- 3, district 3 Kabul, Afghanistan, Or to the email address: email@example.com
• Applications must be received by October 25, 2015.
• Application received after the closing date will not be considered.
• Subject line must be (Provincial Coordinator SO-05-2015) or your application may not be considered.
• Only short – listed candidates will be contacted.
• Shuhada Organization is an equal opportunity employer and encourages both genders and ethnic groups to apply.